Proposals are invited for 20 minute paper presentations as well as posters/web-based presentations addressing the theme of ‘language, new media and alt.realties’.
Possible areas of interest include:
· New media epistemologies and ontologies
· New media discourse and political polarisation
· Algorithmic pragmatics and political debate
· Authoritarian and populist discourses online
· ‘Trolling’ as a form of political discourse
· Agnotology (the cultural construction of ignorance)
· The crisis of ‘expertise’
· ‘Fake news’ and ‘clickbait’
· Hacking and disinformation
· Infotainment and spectacle
· Conspiracy theories and memes
· Journalism in the age of social media
Please send your proposals in the form of a 250-word abstract to Prof Rodney Jones, University of Reading firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for Submitting Proposals: April 5, 2017