A quick reminder that the call for papers closes on 1 July for the Journalism Education and Research Association Australia conference. The University of Newcastle, Australia is hosting the conference from 4-6 December. Here are the details on the conference theme but we are happy for submissions that relate to other areas of journalism education and research. We are inviting you to submit a paper, abstract or panel proposal.
The Second Coming of Journalism? Rebirth, resurrection, renewal, resistance, resurgence.
In a spirit of optimism, we would like to invite papers/abstracts/panels that explore, analyse and contest the idea of a resurging journalism and how that idea fits into the following themes:
* Truth in a post-truth world
* Fake news: opinions vs facts vs alternative facts
* Comedy and news: a marriage of convenience?
* Beyond the capitals: is the future of journalism in the regions?
* Advocacy journalism: collaboration for a community outcome
* How do we best prepare contemporary undergraduate and postgraduate
For further information on the call for papers, please visit the conference website http://jeraa.org.au/2017-jeraa-conference/.
*Conference organisers*: Janet Fulton, Felicity Biggins, Paul Scott and Christina Koutsoukos.
We look forward to welcoming you to the University of Newcastle in December.